HTC U11, has just been announced by the Taiwanese company, and it is its first top-of-the-range of 2017.
Technical features HTC U11
- Screen: 5.5 “QHD (1.440 x 2.560 pixels) Super LCD 5 with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 to 2.45 GHz
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Internal memory: 64/128 GB UFS 2.1 expandable with microSD (up to 2 TB)
- Rear camera: 12 megapixels UltraPixel 3, with 1.4 μm pixels, f / 1.7, 5-axis OIS + EIS
- Front camera: 16 megapixels with EIS
- Connectivity: (dual nano) SIM, Gigabit LTE, Wi-Fi ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Sizes: 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 169 grams
- Battery: 3.000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- OS: Android 7.1 with HTC Sense
HTC U11 has IP67 certification, which is totally dust-proof, and can be immerged between 15 cm and 1 m deep for half an hour.
Looking at its datasheet then the only bad thing is its 3.000 mAh battery, but we’ll see how they have optimized the system.
HTC U11 is also made of a “liquid glass surface” using “Optical Spectrum Hybrid Deposition,” a highly refractive mineral layer that creates color variations at every movement.
From the pictures the effect looks very nice and oviously, there is also a fingerprint reader, located at the front.
Let’s take a look to some other nice features
HTC Edge Sense: The sides of the smartphone are sensitive to pressure, and through this feature you can configure various gestures to start / shoot with the camera and interact with the interface, for example to start voice dictation.
And with “short squeeze” or “squeeze and hold” you can associate different actions with the various gestures. Be careful, though, that the edges respond to the pressure, not the single touch.
HTC USonic: the earphones included in the package, with active noise deletion and Type-C connectivity.
Acoustic Focus: proprietary technology that offers “the best 3D audio recording quality”, using 4 omnidirectional microphones.
It is also capable of making audio zoom in videos. This means that, using digital zoom, audio will “zoom” as a result.
Intelligent Assistants: Depending on the market, the HTC U11 will be equipped with HTC Sense Companion, which promises to be the gle Assistant and / or Amazon Alexa “smarter than ever”.
HTC U11 will be available in Europe from June 1st in the Amazing Silver, Sapphire Blue, Brilliant Black, Ice White and Solar Red colors (the last two probably only later). Included in the box is a Type-C adapter for the 3.5mm audio mini-jack.
The price is really interesting: € 749 for the 4/64 GB version.