Everyone uses technology, which is present in every sphere of human activity. The education sector is no exception and educators encourage students to implement various tools and applications to complete their assignments. There are many positive aspects of using technology in education.
One of them is access to helpful websites, which provide academic assistance. For example, many students use the services of EssayLib, which is a highly reputed, experienced, and reliable writing company. It helps to solve merely any academic complication.
On the other hand, there are some obvious drawbacks. They negatively affect the academic progress of some students, as well as their mental and physical health. The main objective is to decide whether technology should be included and excluded from the educational process. This article will shed some light on this important issue.
Advantages and Perspectives
We’d like to start with the positive outcomes of technology in education. There are many bright perspectives. Consider the next advantages:
- Access to information. The best advantage of the active use of technology in education is access to multiple information resources. This provides the opportunities the older generations could only dream of. For example, you cannot write a book report, you may find a step-by-step guide to understand how to complete it quickly and according to the rules. The same goes for other pieces of writing. Any obstacle can be quickly handled thanks to the appropriate source.
- Great speed. The availability of so many kinds of information would have been almost useful without a high speed of the connection. Today, we use the 5G technology that ensures instant connection to every website and information source. It’s possible to download different audio and video files, review lessons, conferences, and other online meetings without delays. Although this technology isn’t available to all, many schools, colleges, and universities already actively implement it.
- New possibilities to learn. Thanks to the high speed of connection and numerous information resources, students enjoy eLearning. It’s a unique method that involves new methods of learning. Students can select the pace and mediums to enlarge their knowledge and improve skills in the way they want. There are no limits and every student can define perfect methods to adapt to his/her learning style. One of such methods is the use of academic writing platforms. They provide the assistance of professional writers and editors who can turn the simplest essay into a real masterpiece. Everything is fulfilled quickly and precisely as the educational standards demand.
- Efficient learning applications. Technology also proposes different applications, which were designed to solve various academic problems. Thus, you may find smart apps to quickly check the grammar of your texts or detect plagiarism. Other applications teach how to generate topics, write strong thesis statements, manage time more productively, and something of the kind. The possibilities are almost unrestricted. Students only should try those applications on their own to understand how they work and which ones are suitable for their learning needs.
Some Drawbacks and Dangers
It’s necessary to mention the potential drawbacks. Some of them are actually dangerous and we should remain alert. Be aware of the following disadvantages:
- Addiction. Unfortunately, all those smart devices (mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) lead to a persistent addition. It’s even compared with the addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. We can see students with their gadgets everywhere. They cannot be torn off the blue screen and live only in the virtual world.
- Mental deviations. Excess use of technological devices may be a reason for psychological problems. Many students deprive themselves of sleep. Consequently, teens become more aggressive, easily irritated, are anxious, depressed, etc. Although there are no direct proofs that gadgets provoke abnormalities in behavior, it’s definitely one of the triggers.
- Physical ailments. When people use different gadgets, they have to sit to maintain eye control. As they overuse technological inventions, they don’t move. This leads to the physical degradation of the muscles. Teens become weaker and lose energy. Many children tend to consume junk food, which leads to obesity. This state triggers more serious and even life-threatening ailments. We should not forget about the poor sight induced by excess use of gadgets. It spoils our eyes and sometimes makes us completely blind.
- Constant distraction. The use of mobile phones is one of the greatest types of distraction. Students continuously exchange messages, review posts, images, videos, and other content. This activity doesn’t allow concentrating on the learning process.
As you can see, this is a dubious question with two possible scenarios. Technology in education has advantages and disadvantages. If students use technological devices unwisely, they suffer. However, technology may become their greatest helper if it’s applied correctly. It’s up for students to decide which path to choose.