Preface of the glamorous PIMAX 8K VR Headset
The PIMAX is going to capture the VR technology lover’s heart once again, with their next generation headset. In the CES 2017, a prototype of the high-resolution VR HMD was first showcased by PIMAX. And the PiMax 8K VR which is considered as the upgraded version of the PIMAX 4K VR has now being announced by them.
The 8K is designed to overpower the features of PiMax 4K and provide a fresh VR technology base by the PIMAX. The two principal changes that are introduced in the PIMAX 8K are its-its resolution capacity and its FOV resolution. Firstly, While the 4K VR headset offers 1920 x 2160 pixels per eye, and it’s this new PIMAX 8K VR has 3840 x 2160 pixels per eye vision, which results in a much sharper view. Secondly, the PIMAX 8K offers 200 FOV resolution, which is far better than the 4K 110 FOV.
Also Read: Xiaomi VR Play2 Hands On Review
Well, guys, this new headset has numerous improved features, so let’s find out some of its other interesting features of PIMAX 8K VR headset.
Content of the PIMAX 8K VR Box
Okay, so to unbox the PIMAX 8K VR you need to peel it from the double layered packing. The packing is made up of double layers, to protect the expensive piece of VR headset from any damage. It’s not like the device is fragile, but the company wants to be double sure with its double layered packing. After removing the packing, you will get the brand new PIMAX 8K VR headset with other essential accessories. You will be getting the following items in the box:
- Obviously, you will get 1 x PIMAX 8K VR Headset.
- There will be 1 x Stand to hold the VR headset in spare time.
- The 2 x Positioning Device for better accessibility.
- To amplify the gaming experience, you will get 2 x Game Controller.
Figure & Shape of 8K 3D VR Headset
The PIMAX 8K is a lightweight and comfortable VR headsets to provide a very natural impact on the users. Well, PIMAX has not disappointed their users in the department of comfort this time. The PIMAX 8K 3D VR headset is very comfortable to use and doesn’t create pressure around the face. The VR headset has a comfy foam at all the right places, to give viewers a dynamic experience. It’s very lightweight also and fits with your look, to give you a close to naked-eye vision. PIMAX 8K VR headset has the following dimensions of Product size and its weight-
- Product weight: 0.499 kg
- Package weight: 1.598 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 18.00 x70 x 9.00 cm / 7.09 x 4.61 x 3.54 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 32.00 x 29.00 x 12.00 cm / 6 x 11.42 x 4.72 inches
PIMAX 8k offering Brain-wrap Technology
The PIMAX 8K VR uses a technology called brain-warp, to deliver images to both eyes at a speed of 120Hz to maintain acceptable low latency level for a VR headset. The VR beams 4K images to the eyes, one at a time. It’s like the VR first transmits an image at your right eye and then blanks it, to show the picture on the left eye.
This fast switching of 4K images between both the eyes is done at a speed of 120Hz (120 times per second), which creates an illusion that the brain interprets as a single super high-resolution image. The creation of these 4K images requires a robust and powerful computer system, which the Pimax 8K has on board.
Other Highlighting Features of the PIMAX 8K
The PIMAX 8K is designed for the future, and thus it is packed with latest features. The VR headset bundles highlighting features, such as:
- The PIMAX 8K offers, first VR helmet of the decade with 8K super resolution LCD, which will shock you in a right way. So, to empower your 3D world the device is all set.
- It has the 200-degree ultra wide view angle to illuminate the good picture quality.
- One of the biggest lens, of 53mm, provides better optical performance, image quality and immersed experience for your eyes.
- The Low latency of its whole system, sharply shortens the traditional LCD response time.
- The PIMAX 8K offers Unbelievable wearing comforts with years of experience.
- The PIMAX 8K also boasts the following Sensors:
- Distance sensor
- Motion sensor
- Light sensors
PROS and CONS of PIMAX 8K VR
- It offers the brain wrap technology to provide a naked eye experience to users.
- The PiMax 8K VR offers the incredible MTP (motion to photon) latency clocking to 18 milliseconds, which within the criteria of limit for prevention from dizziness or vertigo, which is 20ms on someone wearing a VR headset.
- The biggest drawback registered so far is that it has a low brightness display quality and a weak head tracking system.
- A monstrous, & powerful computer system is required to run this VR headset smoothly.