The Google recently updated its algorithm on the 8th of march. This time they have unintentionally targeted the affiliate marketers.
There was a sharp fall observed in affiliate sites all over the world. There are many sites affected by this new update.
What is special about this new update?
Earlier there were many sites that were doing a product review and getting a good position in Google SERP.
As this was a simple process many new websites were also ranking in top position in google search.
However, some scammy sites have also joined the party using the same way. There are plenty of review sites ranked with unverified data and wrong information.
So as per this new update (Source), Google will now prioritize in-depth research when ranking product Reviews. There are few things that you should consider for your affiliate review website to get ranked well.
- Use of Source while reviewing the product or services
- The physical touch of the product is recommended.
- In-depth research is needed.
- Use pros as well as cons while reviewing any product
- Don’t just write a review, compare the product with its competitor.
- Mention key decision-making factors to choose a particular product or service.
- Explain how the product is different from its competitors.
These are some of the key information Google has suggested to the webmasters. If we write a review considering above mention points, surely we have a better chance to grab a good rank in google search results.
So still the question arises
Is affiliated marketing over for the newbies?
I understand it will be tough for the newbies. This update will surely affect your site in a short term. However, If you work according to Google’s guidelines, you may get better results than ever before.
Such updates will surely remove many useless sites, which prevented your good content from being ranked above them.
So If you are a person who pays more attention to the quality of your content, then you need not worry.